Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Goff Family Winter / Spring Race Reports 2014

Melting Mann March 9th 28/14 mile Gravel Road Race

Dilan and I started the race year out on a very cold day in March at the Melting Mann race.  I did the 28 mile loop and finished 6th of about 25 guys or so in my bracket. Dilan dominated the youth field and beat most of the adults on the 14 mile course.

[caption id="attachment_1132" align="alignright" width="225"]Dilan Melting Mann 2014 Dilan Melting Mann 2014[/caption]

Barry Roubaix March 22nd 36 mile Gravel Road Race

Not nearly as cold as the Melting Mann but still a very chilly morning in Hastings, me and about 20 other teammates gathered for the first major race of the season.  I finished mid pack in my age bracket with a time of 2:25 about 12 minutes slower than last year.  The lack of training on defiantly showed up at this race.  Overall our team also finished mid pack with a team avg. time of 2:17.  Grat Job Guys!

Lowell 50 Spring April 5th 32 Mile Gravel Road Race

Perfect race temps, course was a little soft and lots of wind in some areas making another tough day on the bike.  Had severe legs cramps at the half way point actually had to get off my bike and walk a bit.  This is first anything like this has ever happened to me still not sure what happened.  I was able to get back on the bike changed up my pedal stroke and finished the race finishing 4th in my age group.  This is 3rd or 4th time in row I have got fourth one of these days I will make that podium.  Maybe I should try a cycle cross bike next time.

Fort Custer Stampede May 4th

[caption id="attachment_1133" align="alignright" width="300"]Dilan Stampede 2014 Dilan Stampede 2014[/caption]

This year I stepped up to Expert Class for the added mileage and early start times so I could be around when my kids take off.  Not sure it was the right thing to do or not, was hoping to finish mid pack but that did not quite work out as planned.  Anyways I spent a lot of time training with Dilan this spring and getting him ready for the season.  He had very impressive race finishing 2nd out of 13 kids in the 11 – 14 year old class.  Jacob my youngest at 6 years old wanted to do the big boys race, which is a full 9-10 mile loop.  I rode along with him and a few other kids and helped them navigate their way through course.  Good times!

Yankee Springs May 18th

Again I raced expert big mistake they added 2.5 miles to each lap this year making for even more climbing, however I did beat a few more people here than at the Stampede.  The added mileage did not slow down Dilan he took 3rd place this year and beat his last year’s time by nearly 5 minutes.  Due to the added mileage and the amount of climbing at Yankee Jacob opted for the kids race, from what I hear he dominated that race as well.

 

[caption id="attachment_1135" align="alignleft" width="225"]Jacob Yankee Springs 2014 Jacob Yankee Springs 2014[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1134" align="alignright" width="225"]Dilan Yankee Springs Dilan Yankee Springs[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment