Friday, June 20, 2014

Maumee Bay Triathlon Toledo Ohio

[caption id="attachment_1207" align="alignright" width="225"]Shayne Thomas at HFP Maumee Bay Triathlon Toledo Ohio 2014 Shayne Thomas at HFP Maumee Bay Triathlon Toledo Ohio 2014[/caption]

Shayne Thomas here...I'm glad to report that I have done the second race in the HFP Fit Family Series-Maumee Bay Triathlon at the awesome state park of the same name near Toledo Ohio.  Once again doing the sprint triathlon in the age group-fat, old, & ugly.  It was the second time that I placed third in the over 40 over 200lbs.  I was generally satisfied with my times.  I came out of the swim with my buddy and fellow Clydesdale Mark.  We talked about how good a pizza sounded right then as we trotted up to the transition.  Toledo is table top flat.  The only challenge on the bike is wind.  There was a bit, but, not as bad as it has been in the past.  The brutal run is also flat, but, is run in zero shade.  I thought a Guinness sounded pretty good and would quench my thirst, but, realized it would take a special person to drink one during a triathlon.

I literally grabbed my metal and my time slip and trotted off to gather my stuff from the transition.  As quickly as possible I needed to be in Mansfield, Ohio for the Miss Ohio parade to drive my daughter's float.  She is the reigning Miss Mansfield's Outstanding Teen.  www.shaylathomas.com.  I got a lot of questions about why I had my weight and age on my calves, unfortunately, they started to cramp halfway through the parade!!

Shayne

No comments:

Post a Comment